About the project
- The Huggard Centre provide support to people who are sleeping rough in Cardiff;
- SVC are working in partnership with Huggard to provide social and emotional enrichment to beneficiaries/clients at the centre.
- This project is invaluable to beneficiaries as befriending improves perceptions of well-being, reduces stress and increases self-esteem and empowerment.
- This project is an opportunity for volunteers to befriend and facilitate activities for beneficiaries digitally;
- A group of volunteers facilitate a 1 hour Zoom session each week for beneficiaries at the centre on Tuesdays at 11am;
- Our wonderful volunteers have been running a range of activities such as karaoke, quiz and games.
Lead Volunteer role
- Liaise with SVC, Huggard and volunteers;
- Organise activities based on the ideas of beneficiaries;
- Attend weekly sessions;
- Monitor the project budget;
- Take photos and videos for social media;
- Host Social Club sessions over Zoom.
Please see Lead Volunteer Role in the gallery for more information.
- Complete SVC's volunteer application;
- Complete a short additional application form Informal interview (short listed applicants);
- Induction with SVC, Huggard and volunteers.
Please note: this is a digital opportunity and volunteers will not be visiting the Huggard Centre due to COVID-19.