It's #MentalHealthAwarenessWeek and the focus of this week is 'Kindness'. The Mental Health Foundation have some suggestions on how to look after your mental health and wellbeing, whilst also reflecting on or carrying out an act of kindness.
Over this week, we will be highlighting different areas and ideas in which you can look after your mental health and show kindness.
Today's focus is... Keeping Connected Online with Friends & Family:
- Call a friend that you haven't spoken to for a while.
- Tell a family member how much you love and appreciate them.
- Arrange to have a cup of tea and virtual catch up with someone you know.
- Arrange to watch a film at the same time as a friend and video call.
- Tell someone you know that you are proud of them.
- Tell someone you know why you are thankful for them.
- Send a motivational text to a friend who is struggling.
- Send someone you know a joke to cheer them up.
- Send someone you know a picture of a cute animal.
- Send an inspirational quote to a friend.
- Send an interesting article to a friend.
- Send an inspirational story of kindness people around the world are doing for others to someone you know.
- Contact someone you haven't seen in a while and arrange a virtual catch up.
Take Care & Stay Safe!
Resources & Info from: www.mentalhealth.org.uk