SVC have now designed guidelines, risk assessments and training allowing us to recruit NEW volunteers, assisting our organisation to move forward with supporting our beneficiaries in response to COVID-19.
Following the COVID-19 pandemic we have ceased all of our face to face volunteering activities, and are now looking at new ways to support our beneficiaries. Many of whom have been advised to self-isolate for their own safety. We are keen to provide our beneficiaries with as much support as possible and try to combat feelings of isolation and loneliness.
There are lots of ways of to get involved, even if you have limited availability, don’t live in the local area or are self-isolating too.
Please tell us a bit more about you, and how you would like to help by completing the following short application form.
The roles we are currently seeking volunteers for include:
How would you be able to help?
- Telephone Calls - I would be happy to be matched to a beneficiary to regularly call and say hi, to provide a different voice for our beneficiaries. - No DBS Required
- Pen-pal - I would be happy to write to, and receive letters from beneficiaries - No DBS Required
- I would be happy to be matched to a beneficiary who would like to undertake befriending through - free online video calls e.g. Google Hangout, Skype, WhatsApp Video, Facetime - DBS Required
- Free online games e.g. Multiplayer online gaming/board games, charades or karaoke - No DBS Required
- Watching a film together (or other simultaneous activities) e.g find a film or TV show available to both people for free (e.g. BBC iPlayer) or on a subscription service both people have (e.g. Netflix, Amazon Prime) - DBS Required
- Cooking together via video call e.g. make hot chocolate or snack (with guidance from support staff where required)- DBS Required
- I have access to a car and would be happy to pick up shopping for the beneficiary and dropping it to their house (no contact delivery) - No DBS Required
- I have access to a car and would be happy to pick up a prescription for the beneficiary and dropping it to their house (no contact delivery) - DBS Required
- A local gin producer (Treganna Gin), has started to make hand sanitiser using left-over spirits. They are kindly, free of charge, supplying our frontline staff and beneficiaries. Please let us know if you have any spirits you would like to donate to the cause (they don’t need to be full bottles), everything helps - No DBS Required
- I would like to volunteer to assist with sewing masks or other protective equipment - No DBS Required